Most people I know want to be more missional. We want to be at the center of God’s activity and to introduce the lost to Jesus. We want to be useful to others and help them experience God’s love.
Unfortunately, we get too busy. Before we know what happened, the day is over. . . then the week is over. . . then the month is over. When we look back, we have done little to lead others to Christ.
This post will not change your behavior. Sorry, I can’t promise those results. Your behavior, and the responsibility for it, is yours alone. However, this post will give you 5 questions you can ask and answer each day that will prepare your heart and mind for missional living.
1. What sin (or temptation) am I flirting with?
The enemy has a plan for your destruction. He will use any tool in his tool-box to sideline you. Confess your sin and flee temptation.
2. What is on my calendar today that will put me in contact with someone who needs Jesus?
Don’t just wait for something to happen accidentally. Make plans.What is on my calendar today that will put me in contact with someone who needs Jesus? Click To Tweet
3. Who will I email, text, or call today that needs to know God is still in love with them?
We all know hurting people. God has comforted us in our suffering so that we can comfort others.
4. What will happen today that will give me the most significant opportunity NOT to reflect the gospel?
We can usually anticipate these moments. . . . Meetings, car-lines, Walmart — go ahead and acknowledge these “danger areas” and ask God to make you a witness for the gospel.What will happen today that will give me the most significant opportunity NOT to reflect the gospel? Click To Tweet
5. What happened yesterday that can only be explained by God’s handiwork? How can I join Him in what he is doing?
God is always working around us. Our challenge is to see it and to join him.