Still looking for summer plans? Interested in gaining experience in local missions and leadership through a local church? Calvary Baptist Church in Winston-Salem is hiring a paid summer intern to join their missions staff for ten weeks from May 29-Aug 2, 2018.
Calvary Missions exists to lead millions of people to make a personal connection with Christ and His church. The ministry seeks to lead Calvary in connecting out as they pursue the Seven Outcomes: Pray, Give, Go, Live; Partner, Plant, and Multiply. Calvary is a multi-site church in Winston-Salem, with a profound history of supporting domestic and international missions. In a city of a quarter million people, there is massive potential to mobilize laborers from Winston to the world. They also want to engage the thousands of unchurched students, families, internationals, and young pros who call Winston-Salem home.
The Local Missions Intern will serve under the supervision of the Local Missions Director. He/she will focus on engaging Lost Pockets and supporting Local Partners. He/she will be responsible to:
- Spend at least 2 hours a week engaging lost people with simple gospel sharing tools.
- Create a monthly schedule for creatively capturing local missions projects on social media.
- Assist in planning for and participating in Southside Kids Camp.
- Research existing college ministries in Winston-Salem.
- Consult with active Calvary missionaries to discern potential short-term and mid-term opportunities.
- (Other responsibilities listed in the full position description which can be found on the SEBTS Ministry Referral site or by emailing Logan at the email address below.)
This summer, consider how you can use your skills, gifts, and passions to serve the local church, the community, and the Kingdom for His glory!
For more information about this position, please email Logan Sides, Local Missions Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Image Credit: Calvary Missions