“Wow…is it really November already? As the cool weather of fall has arrived in the States, we in the Southern Hemisphere are entering into our hottest time of year. With frequent power outages and temperatures sometimes reaching close to 100 degrees, some days are more difficult than others. But as we look back at the past year we have been in Malawi, despite the struggles we have faced, God has proven himself faithful time and time again!
With the Christmas season right around the corner, we are praying for Lily to have opportunities to share the truth with the women she meets with each week. During each of their meetings this month, they will be doing Christmas-themed activities. The leader of the group asked if we had any books on Christmas, and we have a children’s book telling the story of Jesus’ birth. Pray that this might open doors of opportunity for her to share with them truth.
Continue to pray for me (Joseph) as I balance many responsibilities, especially through the end of this year. I will be working on assignments for my own seminary education, in addition to my teaching at the seminary here. So please pray for good time management. Pray that I would continue investing in my students, also making sure I have time to disciple and encourage some individual students in their ministries.
Finally, continue to be in prayer for the leadership of the IMB. Over the next month, those who have accepted the voluntary retirement incentive will be leaving the field, and we will be having to say some difficult goodbyes. Even though it is a loss to the field to see these people leave, the church in the States is gaining some wonderful people who we pray will help mobilize congregations to capture God’s vision for the world: to make disciples of all peoples, tongues, and nations. So pray for our leadership and the way forward in the coming months and years.
Thank you for supporting us through your prayers! Please keep in mind that the Christmas season is upon us, and this means it is also the time Southern Baptists give to global missions through the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. Your gifts allow us and so many others to continue serving on the mission field. So begin praying now how you might give to global missions.”
- Pray for Lily to have opportunities to share the true meaning of Christmas to the women she meets with each week.
- Pray for Joseph to keep focus, as he has lots of tasks to complete between now
and the end of the year.
- Pray for our many IMB colleagues who will be leaving the field over the coming weeks. Continue to pray for the leadership of the IMB.
- We celebrated our 1 year anniversary of moving to Malawi! Lily has some reflections and some photos on our blog, looking back at the past year.
- Lily has finished the literacy class she was helping with. Read about it here.
- Praise that we have received a new passport for Grayson! Pray that we might be able to get his long term visa stamped into his passport soon.
Humbly in His service,
Joseph, Lily, Hudson & Grayson Veres