Redemption Hill Church is a Boston church plant we have previously highlighted here. Led by two Southeastern grads, Tanner Turley and Jon Chasteen, this Easter marked Redemption Hill’s fourth birthday. These brothers and their families have worked hard over these four years and God has blessed their faithfulness. Today we want to ask you to read over their Easter update below and praise our Father for His faithfulness is building His church, especially Redemption Hill.
Friends of RHC,
On behalf of everyone at Redemption Hill, we want to thank you for your prayers for the fame of God to be made known in Boston.
Wow! We had an unbelievable Easter season as we considered “The Great Reversal” Jesus came to bring in his life, death, and resurrection. We are so encouraged by how God worked in and through our church as we engaged in his mission. What were some of his works?
- 341 people came to our Easter Service at the Chevalier Theatre! We were amazed!
- On Easter, we had at least 55 First Time Guests. 34 of those were brought through friends. That’s the way we like it! One girl was invited by her Jewish co-worker who received an invite card and said, “I’m not going. Maybe you would like to.” She did!
- There were many specific responses to the Word with next steps on the horizon. One man confessed his desire to place saving faith in Jesus! Praise God! One lady with a Buddhist background said it was the first time she attended a worship service and could not wait to learn more about Jesus. A father came with his son and is exploring what it means to follow Christ. Many more indicated a desire to learn more about Jesus, including six who signed up for our seven-week Christianity Explored class.
- Our people did an awesome job serving in the new venue and we were able to connect with some old friends of RHC who seem intent to become more committed.
- Our two Easter Egg Hunts were great opportunities to serve our city and engage our neighbors with the love of Christ. We displayed the gospel, gave out a lot of Bibles, and had several gospel conversations.
- Thank you to the team of 9 from FBC Melbourne who served with us the week of Easter in a variety of ways including giving out close to 6000 invites to our Easter service. They put on an Easter egg hunt at a local senior center, served in the Boys and Girls Club, and helped us pull off our two Easter egg hunts the Saturday before Easter. You rocked it!!!
- Most of all, the way God answered our prayers and is drawing people to the path of Jesus. It is so rewarding to be a part of a church that is growing in our desperation for God through prayer.
Join us in praying God would maximize our efforts and empower us to glorify him in greater ways in the days to come.
He is worthy!
The RHC Leadership Team