Do you enjoy teaching, serving overseas and linking up with people already on the ground? We along with one of our SEBTS families living in East Asia want to make you aware of an opportunity to do these things.
Bei Hang University High School, previously had a relationship with Cedarville College— during that time Cedarville would provide English teachers for this high school, however their relationship ended a year ago and the high school is now looking for 4 new Oral English Teachers.
Position Requirements: 2 years of experience and a certification in ESL (The 2 years of experience do not necessarily have to be teaching experience, if you can argue that it was in some way helpful towards your ability to teach ESL)
Salary and Benefits:
- 7,000 RMB a month (in the second year it is 8,000 RMB a month; and caps out at 9,000 RMB a month the third year)
- Flight to China is covered, as well as a roundtrip flight back to the states every year following the first year (not including dependents)
- Housing is free and provided on the University part of the campus, giving access to making relationships with college students as well as the students and their families from the High School.
- Insurance is provided for the teacher, but not provided for dependents
- The number of hours teaching varies depending on the number of teachers they can get. It would likely be from 11-17 class hours a week. Each class hour is 40 minutes.
- There is also an expectation of 2 office hours a week
- Also, however many hours are required for class prep
- They would prefer to continue having Christian teachers.
- They are looking for teachers now, and are already requesting verbal commitments—No paperwork signed until approximately May.
- New laws in China require the teachers to have at least 2 years of experience and an ESL certification. (The 2 years of experience do not necessarily have to be in teaching ESL)
If you are interested in the teaching position you would not be required to work with our SEBTS family on the ground, but if you would like their help- they are excited to advise you in your preparation to go, help get you set up once there, and continue to advise you and give you opportunities for Christian fellowship while living in East Asia. They would also be willing to help in your language study. If you’re interested in assisting with our families work there, they would be happy to find ways to work with you!
If you are interested, please contact, Dr. Greg Mathias by email: email@example.com.
The Great Commission Studies (CGCS) is the hub of Southeastern’s Great Commission efforts, helping develop students and faculty members who are Great Commission servants of their local churches. The CGCS serves the Southeastern community in four major areas: academics, research, mobilization, and convention relationships.