It’s Thursday and we are again highlighting another exciting church planting effort in NA. Chad and his family are planters in Dartmouth, Massachusetts. Here’s a recent update from them
“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.” – Paul (Eph. 3:20-21)
God pretty much knocked our socks off last month! We reached a point where we were getting a little discouraged. We found ourselves wondering how in the world we were going to able to launch South Coast Church in less than a year with so many holes still needing to be filled. Last month we asked you to pray for several requests, and as a team we made praying for those specifics a key part of our time together. Over the next few weeks God showed us that he is able to do far more than all we could ask or think!
1. We asked you to pray for “open doors to share the gospel with lost friends.” In response, a total of 5 new people attended our Friday Night Bible Study last month. There, we are walking through the gospel of John and they clearly heard the gospel and we continue to build those relationships.
2. We asked you to pray for a location for us to meet when we “launch”. In response the superintendent of Dartmouth Public Schools has given us permission to rent out either their middle or elementary school at a cost that falls just under our anticipated monthly expenses for a meeting location!
3. We asked you to pray for financial support. In response, Hopewell Baptist Church decided to send us a check that will pay for all of the equipment that we need to get started! WHOA! Still blown away! But it doesn’t stop there… Potomac Crest Baptist Church is planning on bringing a group up to help with a big pre-launch outreach event that we are hosting the month before launch and helping alleviate the financial burden to put on that event. Generations Church has also made arrangements to come up to help promote another outreach event and serve our community and the Singles class from Providence Baptist Church has as well. And finally, the Baptist Convention of New England bought us a church laptop and printer, both of which were huge needs!
Story of the Month:
Everybody needs friends! We were made to live in community. Last month we spent a lot of time thinking about Brayden and how he really needs another good friend his age, and that Jodi could use another good like-minded friend as well. Monday night Jodi’s heart was heavy and she prayed asking God to give Brayden a good friend here his age. We didn’t know it at the time but that same night Jodi’s dad, David, had the same burden and while attending a men’s Bible Study asked them to pray for God to provide both Jodi and Brayden with a good friend. Meanwhile, I was away on a prayer retreat and spent time praying for the same thing early Tuesday morning. When Jodi and Brayden woke up Tuesday they decided to go to Barns & Noble to browse around. While there, they were invited to stay for story time that just happened to be starting soon. Jodi felt bad that nobody else was there to listen to the lady read for story time so she decided to stay. Just then, in walked a lady to join them and she just so happened to have 2 sons, (Andrew who is 1 month older than Brayden, and Josiah who is 4). As the story wrapped up Jodi and Tamika began talking and Tamika asked Jodi if she would like to exchange numbers. They got together later that week and come to find out Tamika’s husband went to Bible College with two of our launch team members (Bobby and Jodi Dalsing) and one of his professors was the Pastor of our sending church. Brayden loves Andrew and Josiah and they just so happen to be believers (in an area where less than 1 out of every 100 would consider themselves an evangelical Christian)! Thanks God!
1. Financial Supporters – We need individual families and churches to commit to monthly giving to the planting of South Coast Church from now until September 2020. I have included a copy of our Partnership Brochures below. Over the course of the next month we will be mailing a limited number of these out to family and friends. If you would like to ensure that you get one please email SCDartmouth@yahoo.com with your mailing address. If you are already a financial partner please pass along the info to someone else to help spread the word. That would be a huge help!
2. That those who came to our Bible Study will stick. Pray specifically for Don, Jennifer, Sebastion, Kelly, Liz, Mitch and Esther.
3. For God to build our leadership team. We recently asked 2 more people to join our team. Pray for them and for clarity concerning God’s direction.
4. For a Worship Pastor to join our team.